Things We're Regularly Asked
NEW BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
- When is my booking confirmed?
- If you have received an e-ticket then your booking is confirmed. For Tours and Experiences, we would recommend that you contact us 72 hours prior to departure to reconfirm.
- Tours and Experiences are operated subject to demand, and on rare occasions, it is necessary to cancel a departure due to extenuating circumstances (road closures, venue closures etc.). If there are any changes to your Tour or Experience we will contact you.
- I've booked online, when will I receive my e-ticket?
- You should receive your e-ticket a few minutes after you have completed your booking. Please check your spam and junk folders.
- If your e-ticket has not arrived after 10 minutes then please call or email us and our team will be happy to help.
- What's included in my booking?
- Please visit the specific product page on our website to see the inclusions and exclusions.
- On Tours and Experiences, gratuities for your Expert Guide and driver are not included, however, they are at your discretion.
- Can I change my booking?
- You are able to amend your booking free of charge (subject to availability) in line with our Amendments & Cancellations policy (see our Booking Conditions).
- Please note that tickets for Rail Tours and Attractions are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- How do I cancel my booking?
We will make every effort to provide a refund for any cancellations in accordance with the below periods of notice prior to the date of departure:
- Coach and walking tours 24 hours
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour 48 hours
- Stonehenge Inner Circle Access 72 hours
- Private Chauffeur 72 hours
- Rail tours 7 days
- Paris tours are non-refundable once booked
- Merlin Entertainment Attractions 24 hours
- Buckingham Palace State Rooms 48 hours
- City Cruises 72 hours
- Churchill War Rooms non-refundable
- Westminster Abbey non-refundable
- All other attractions are refundable in advance of the travel date
- 7 days prior to travel
- 8 to 14 days prior to travel a 50% cancellation fee applies
- Warner Bros. group bookings can be cancelled up to 30 days prior to travel, within 30 days 100% cancellation fee applies
Third-Party Tours or products and services not operated directly by Evan Evans are subject to the booking terms and conditions of the company that operates the product. Please refer to the specific product page for further information.
Before you travel
- Do I need to reconfirm my booking?
- For Tours and Experiences, we recommend that you call or email us to reconfirm your booking 72 hours before departure. This will also give us the opportunity to provide you with any additional information or answer any further questions you may have.
- Do I need to print my e-ticket?
- If you have booked a Tour or Experience then you do not need to print out your ticket, however, please bring an electronic copy with you.
- If you have booked an Attraction you will need to bring a printed copy of your ticket to gain admission.
- What should I bring with me?
- Your ticket (either your e-ticket or a printed ticket. You must print your e-ticket if you are visiting an attraction).
- If you are on a Tour or Experience then you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and a cold drink. Hot food and hot drinks are not allowed onboard the coach.
- An umbrella or waterproofs in-case of wet weather.
- Instructions on how to get to your departure point.
- Spare change if you wish to tip your Expert Guide or the driver.
- If your Tour departs from Victoria Coach Station and you wish to use the toilet, then there is a 30p charge.
- For Paris and Brussels Rail Tours you must bring your Passport and Visa (if applicable).
- Where is the departure point?
Most of our half-day and full-day coach Tours depart from Gates 1-5 at Victoria Coach Station. Other Tour departures are as follows:
- Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle - Queen's Gallery
- Crown Jewels of London with River Cruise - Evan Evans Office
- Jack the Ripper Tour - Evan Evans Office
- London in Style with Afternoon Tea - Evan Evans Office
- Royal Windsor Afternoon Tour - Evan Evans Office
- Stonehenge Express - Evan Evans Office
- Peppa Pig World Express from London - Evan Evans Office
- Stonehenge Inner Circle Access & Windsor - Park Plaza Hotel Victoria
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour:
- From Victoria - Evan Evans Office for 9 am, 11 am, 1.30 pm and 2.30 pm departures.
- From Russell Square - Outside Blooms Café, 51 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0DG for 1 pm departure. Please look out for our host in red Evan Evans uniform. NB: The coach will not always be able to park outside the cafe.
- Spy & Espionage, Wartime London, Villages of the Cotswolds – Evan Evans Office
- Hard Rock Tour London - Hard Rock Hotel London (full-day and morning tour) or The Vault at Hard Rock Café London (afternoon tour)
- Harry Potter Film Locations Walking Tour – Westminster Underground Station, Exit 1
- Underground Walking Tour – Sherlock Holmes Statue outside Baker Street Station
- Royal Parks - The Statue of Goddess Diana, Green Park
- Bicester Village - Marylebone Station
- Edinburgh – Kings Cross Station
- Lake District – Euston Station
- Liverpool – Euston Station
- Paris – St Pancras International (meet outside Dune Shoe Shop)
- Warwick - Marylebone Station
- Oxford - Marylebone Station
- Dorset - Waterloo Station
- Bath - Paddington Station
- York - Kings Cross Station
Private Chauffeured Experiences
You will be picked up from your hotel or the requested pick-up point in Greater London. If from a hotel, please wait by the concierge desk (or the reception if there is no concierge desk).
There is no pick-up or drop-off to get to the Attractions. Please see the specific product page for the address.
- What time should I arrive?
For all tours, please check in with a member of staff, and they will then give you a wristband for the tour.
- Coach Tours
- Departing from Victoria Coach Station: Please arrive 30 minutes before departure in time for boarding.
- Departing from all other locations: Please arrive 30 minutes before departure in time for boarding.
- Small-Group Experiences
Please arrive 15 minutes before departure in time for boarding.
- Walking Tours
Please arrive 15 minutes before departure in time for boarding.
- Rail Tours
Please arrive in plenty of time for the departure – we recommend at least 30 minutes prior. For Eurostar you must arrive at the meeting time stated on your confirmation.
- Coach Tours
- What's the duration?
- Please check the product page on our website for the duration of your Tour, Experience or Attraction.
- Please note that Coach and Rail Tours are subject to conditions out of our control (traffic, train delays etc.). We will do our best to ensure that you return at the designated time, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Where is the finish point?
Most of our coach tours finish at Victoria Train Station. Depending on the tour and the route the driver might be able to make a couple of additional stops en-route. Other tour ending details are as follows:
- Crown Jewels of London with River Cruise - guided tour ends at Tower of London (river cruise can then be taken from Tower Pier)
- Jack the Ripper Tour – Close to Trafalgar Square
- London in One Day – guided tour ends at Tower of London (river cruise can then be taken from Tower Pier)
- London in Style with Afternoon Tea – Westminster Abbey
- Royal London with the Changing of the Guard – Evan Evans Office
Most of our coach tours finish at Victoria Train Station. Other end points are as follows:
- Hard Rock Tour - Hard Rock Café London Mayfair (morning tour) / Hard Rock Café Piccadilly Circus (afternoon tour & full day tour)
- Harry Potter Film Locations Walking Tour – Kings Cross Station
- Underground Walking Tour – Westminster Underground Station
- Royal Parks Tour – The Rubens at the Palace Hotel
- My booking includes food and I have an allergy, what should I do?
- Please call or email us at least 72 hours in advance of your booking to inform us of any dietary requirements.
- We will do everything to ensure that your requirements are catered for, however where we work with third parties we cannot always guarantee this.
ON THE DAY
- What happens if I'm running late?
Please call us to let us know if you are running late and we will do everything we can to help you. Just to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Coach Tours
Unfortunately, our Coach Tours have to depart on time, not only for the enjoyment of other passengers but also as we would be subject to penalties for late-running departures. For the majority of the Tours, there is no opportunity to join at a later point.
- Walking Tours
If we can let the Guide know in advance that you are running late, they might be able to wait a couple of minutes for you before departing. If the Tour has already started, it will not be possible for you to join.
- Rail Tours
Please let us know and we can check if your ticket will be valid on a later service and whether the inclusions in your rail tour can be accessed for a later timeslot if necessary.
- Private Chauffeured Experiences
As this is a Private Experience, the driver and Expert Guide are at your disposal, however, please inform us if you are running late. Please note that we cannot extend the experience length due to a late start time.
If you have booked a time slot, please call us and we will see what we can do. If there is no time slot booked, you can turn up at the Attraction when you wish (subject to opening times).
- Coach Tours
- Are there toilets on board the coach or train?
- Unfortunately, there are no toilets onboard our coaches, however, we do make regular stops.
- If your Tour departs from Victoria Coach Station there is a toilet (subject to a 30p charge) that you can use before departure.
- If you are on a Rail Tour, most trains have toilet facilities.
- Is food permitted on the coach?
If you would like to bring along snacks or a packed lunch then you are welcome to eat on the coach. The following items are not permitted for health & safety and hygiene reasons:
- Hot drinks
- Hot food
- Ice cream
- Any foods with a strong odour
- Can I reserve a specific seat on the coach or train?
- Unfortunately, we do not take seat reservations on the coach, and we usually reserve the front 8 seats for people with a disability. Our Expert Guides also need to sit at the front of the coach so they can access the microphone.
- For Rail Tours, we always request forward-facing window seats, and we will endeavour to seat parties together, however, this cannot always be guaranteed.
- Can I leave part way through?
You can leave a Tour or Experience partway through. Please inform your Expert Guide so that they won’t wait for you to come back. Please note that we cannot guarantee the order of a Tour or Experience, so if you would like to leave at a particular destination, then you will forgo any remaining stops.
- I've booked a Rail Tour, can I return on an earlier or later train?
- Unfortunately, the tickets that we purchase are non-changeable and non-refundable. If you do want to return at a later or earlier time, then we would suggest asking the station ticket office. However, if the change is possible, it may be subject to an additional fee.
- Warwick, Bicester & Oxford Tours: we have purchased an open return journey so you can return whenever you like.
- Can I bring luggage with me?
- As long as you can lift your luggage into the under-coach compartments then you are welcome to bring it along. Please bring all items of value with you when leaving the coach.
- Please note:
- Warner Brothers Studio Tour: the coaches we use often change, so if you bring luggage with you, we request that you take it to Warner Bros Studios (they have a luggage storage facility).
- On our London, In One Day Tour and Crown Jewels of London Tour, you will leave the coach at the Tower of London and not return.
- Can I bring a wheelchair?
- Please inform us in advance if you intend to bring a wheelchair
- London Tours: Not all coaches are wheelchair accessible, so please call or email before your tour date to confirm. Also, call if you would need assistance.
- If you have mobility issues, please contact Evan Evans Tours, as most of the tours involve walking.
- Out of London Tours: we can accept a foldable wheelchair onboard – a member of the party will need to lift the chair into the luggage compartment. Please note that there are around 7 steps up to the door of the coach
- Please contact us if you intend to bring a mobility scooter
- We would not recommend the following Tours to passengers who need the assistance of a wheelchair:
- Harry Potter Walking Tour
- Jack the Ripper Tour
- Underground Walking tour
After you've travelled
- I had a fantastic time with Evan Evans, who can I tell about this?
- I didn’t have a good time, who can I contact?
- We are very sorry to hear this. Please email or call us and one of the team will be on hand to help resolve any issues where possible.
- I left one of my personal items on the coach, what should I do?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the item(s) you lost. Please include your name on the booking and reference number. Our team will take a look and get back to you when your item has been found.
- I want to make another booking with you, what should I do?
- Fantastic! You are welcome to call our team, or you can book directly through our website. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
- If you need any expert advice or hint and tips on what to do next in London, our team are on hand to assist you. Please call or email us.